Intaka Ezimbili Moringa started in 2011. There was an article in the Star Newspaper of this seriously amazing tree called Moringa Oleifera; in layman’s terms, the Moringa tree. Moringa is extremely effective in combating malnutrition. Moringa is a nutritional supplement that boosts the body’s immune system.
Monica Olwagen’s late husband decided on the name for their business. His favourite scripture in the Bible was Matthew 10:29.
“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.”
Intaka is the Xhosa word for small bird (sparrow). Ezimbili is the Zulu word for two.
Why is Monica passionate about Intaka Ezimbili Moringa?
Their product, Moringa, has:
- 8.5 times the Protein of Yoghurt
- 7 times the Vitamin C of Oranges
- 15 times the Potassium of Banana
- 10,5 times the Vitamin A of carrots
- 12 times the Iron of Spinach
- 16,5 times the Calcium of Milk